Job title: Corporate & Commercial solicitor
Level: 1 to 5 years PQE, but others considered dependent on experience
Location: Manchester City Centre
Salary: Dependent on experience
Contract: Full time, permanent
Hours/days: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm
Start date: As soon as possible
We are looking for a corporate lawyer also with commercial experience to work in our Manchester Office.
This is a unique opportunity to build and potentially lead a corporate team where you will be encouraged and incentivised to build, or further develop, your own client base
Brandsmiths is a boutique law firm with offices in Manchester and London providing specialist legal advice to brands and entrepreneurs.
Our clients include established brands BMW, Microsoft, Rolls Royce, Speedo and Umbro as well as fast growth businesses Pure Gym, Missguided, Beverly Hills Polo Club and Manchester Three Rivers Gin. In sport, we act for QPR, Oldham Athletic and Toronto Wolfpack as well as high profile individuals such as Sir Mo. Farah and David Haye.
We pride ourselves on offering a supportive and collegiate atmosphere and encourage leadership and entrepreneurial spirit in our lawyers as well as expecting excellent technical ability.
We focus on:
· Intellectual Property; developing, monetising and protecting intellectual property rights
· Corporate; helping fast-growth companies get to where they want to be
· Sport; using regulatory expertise to help sporting clubs and talent
· Media & Privacy; protecting the reputation of brands and celebrities
· Commercial agreements and litigation; applying strategy and legal knowledge to get the best result
We began life almost 4 years ago as a boutique IP firm, but as we grow so does our client base and their need for corporate support; in particular, fast-growth businesses who are fundraising.
The Brandsmiths corporate team provides a range of services, including:
· Investments and strategic advice to new and developing businesses;
· Shareholders' agreements;
· Mergers and acquisitions;
· Group re-organisations, including capital reductions, share buybacks;
· Share exchanges and restructuring;
· Company law and general business law advice.
The role will involve handling a broad range of company commercial transactions and supporting the team with its work.
The new recruit will also be expected to advise on commercial matters such as drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on a variety of complex commercial contracts which may include; agency, supply and distribution, manufacturing and licensing agreements; services and consulting agreements, licensing agreements, contracts for the supply, support and maintenance of IT systems; software development contracts, SaaS agreements and SLAs.
They will also be required to advise around terms and conditions for websites and privacy policies, confidentiality and data protection.
All of our lawyers, irrespective of PQE, are actively involved in growing the business, maintaining effective client relationships and marketing initiatives.
· 1 to 5 years PQE;
· A corporate specialist with some commercial experience;
· Experienced in a wide range of company and corporate work
· Experienced in investments, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions;
· Able to competently and confidently lead corporate transactions;
· Content to muck in with corporate support such as company secretarial tasks;
· Filing documents at Companies House and drafting board minutes and resolutions;
· Familiarity and interest in commercial work;
· Excellent technical drafting and analytical skills;
· Committed, driven and enthusiastic;
· Able to take a flexible attitude to work;
· A team player who can also work autonomously;
· A good communicator;
· Strong client focus and service delivery;
· Based in Manchester but willing to travel to London on occasion.